Thursday, August 20, 2015

Keyboard or Gamepad?



Keyboard or Gamepad?

One important question while gaming is if you want to play with keyboard or gamepad.
Today most games offer both opportunities and let the gamer choose which one he prefers.

At the beginning of my time as a gamer I always used a keyboard (like Logitech ones with many macro keys. I am always playing with my computer because I never owned a PS3, Xbox or other console. After starting to play FFXIV my boyfriend asked me to try playing with a gamepad (on my computer) and gave me one of his DS3 controllers. First it was a big change for me because I had nearly no experience with gamepads. But after a while I got used to it and so far I never played with my keyboard again (only if I have no choice). 

The funny fact is, that then I tried to play FFXIV with a keyboard I failed in every situation :P I mean I played over 5 years WoW with a keyboard and now all my experience with that is gone. It was like “what the hell am I doing” bäääääm dead XD

A characteristic that distinguishes me from other gamers is, that I always swap X and O.
That means that I use X for “Cancel” and O for “Select”. That’s the Japanese type of layout which I copied from my boyfriend.


For those who are interested….
At the moment I use an DS4 (Dualshock 4) controller at my computer. All you need is a Bluetooth USB stick and a good software. I use a small and cheap adapter which is plugged in into my keyboard and the Scarlet Crush software.





What do you think is better? Keyboard or gamepad?

See you
Chiffi

No comments:

Post a Comment