Friday, August 21, 2015

Minecraft = Gaming Sickness ?






A few month ago I startet playing Minecraft and after a while I felt sick. This happened every time I tried to play Minecraft. Sometimes it took 1-2 hours and on other days it started after a few minutes. The same thing happened when I was watched a let’s play video about  Minecraft on youtube.

I never had problems like that before while playing what made me believe that it was related to Minecraft. 

After searching on the internet I was able to find other gamers with the same problem and there is even a technical term for that…

“Gaming Sickness” or “Motion Sickness”

Wikpedia says
Videogame-Related Motion Sickness, or VRMS, is a condition where a person exhibits symptoms similar to motion sickness caused by playing video games.

The reason why this happens is the deception or irritation of the sensory organs by incompatible information. That means our eye perceives a wild movement but our body isn’t moving. This confuses our brain and causes anxiety which is reflected in the symptoms.

At the moment I don’t play Minecraft a lot cause I don’t know how to prevent that sickness.

What about you? Have you ever had the same problem?

- Chiffi

No comments:

Post a Comment